Funeral Saving Tips
Owners note: "When I went to purchase flowers for my mother's service, I was quoted over $850.00. I went to a different shop, using the tips below, and I was able to get everything that I wanted for under $350.00".
2) Once in the floral shop, do not indicate that you are there for a funeral or memorial. Purchasing flowers for any other event is much more cost effective.
3) Did you know that you can walk into the cooler to view the current arrangements, and then request one of the display arrangements in your colors or flowers of choice? This can make a difference of up to $150.00 for you.
4) If you require a casket spray, or a more elaborate arrangement to go with your smaller arrangements, select and order the smaller arrangements first, then view the book that is designed for funeral and memorial arrangements. This will ensure that you are purchasing arrangements in the most cost effective way possible. Funeral and memorial arrangements are very specific and beautifully designed; purchasing one specific arrangement with smaller complimentary arrangements makes for a beautiful display.
1) If the deceased was religious, and you would like to have the service at a religious facility, be honest with your funeral care provider. Inform them that you desire a beautiful service, but that you can not afford the "extras". At the end of the service, loved ones remember the words that were spoken. Guests are there to remember and honor your loved one.
2) If the deceased was not religious, you can contact local community centers, legions and halls to rent a room that you can decorate to your liking. You can also consider having the service in your home.
3) Local religious leaders and/or speakers will attend the funeral/memorial for a fee.
1) Have your service in the afternoon or early morning, during times where lunch or dinner will not be expected. Snacks and drinks are very cost effective during a reception. Time of day is everything. Your family and friends may be willing to assist with snacks and dainties.
2) Your family and friends want to help. Chances are, you know someone who can create a beautiful program from their computer.
3) Most places that develop photos also offer enlargements. You can purchase your own frame and pay for a photo enlargement for less than $20.00.
1) Newspaper Obituaries generally charge per word, as well as an extra fee to place a photo. This fee covers the Obituary placement for one year. If you are using a Funeral Service Provider, you can receive a discount and have a newspaper Obituary included in your planning package.
2) Look online. There are a variety of online Obituary sites that are cost effective.
3) Visit www.missingyouforever.com to place your loved ones Obituary. Our Obituaries are $9.99. This includes unlimited words, 4 photos and the Obituary is active permanently.